Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 4 and A Happy Birthday to Hunter

Heya Guys!

First of all I'll say Happy Birthday to Hunter. Some 14th birthday advice: don't worry about dances or high school I am there for you bro, plaid and camo do not match and they never will, don't ever loan people a pencil because they often don't give it back, if you can't tell what kind of meat it is DON' EAT IT and most importantly if some kid comes up to you and starts talking about the gnome he saw while playing baseball just nod your head until he goes away. Follow that advice and you should be fine. Today was great. In the morning I usually get up around 6:40 and head to breakfast at 7 to avoid the morning rush. This morning I woke up, looked at the clock and it said seven. I started freaking out and got dressed, while trying not to wake up my roommates and I was about to head out when I decided to look and the clock again this time with my glasses.... it read 6:20. Other than that the morning was normal. I went to sculpture and I am making and art piece based on comic books. This piece is as if panels and other random crap are coming out of the comic book. So far so good but now I have to write and draw a comic book with "Personal meaning" so that should be interesting. The thing I've learned about working with artists as teachers is that they see their own image and when you try to describe what it is that the piece means to you they don't see it and they most likely never will. After class I had lunch and went to figure drawing. It was good our teacher "Bob" or "Ross" as he likes to be known is an old eccentric man. He's very funny but like I said eccentric. When he talks, which he does the whole time whilst we're drawing, you can hear the faintest hippy accent and he says "man" a lot. But he's lots of fun even though no one ever understands his instructions. After that we had to wait for dinner and then wait for a late Art and Culture session. After dinner to pass the time we went to an animation and film presentation of the teachers in the Bijou. It's where they introduce the teachers and show examples of their work. We then went to Art and Culture with the costume designer Ann Closs-Farley. She was super funny and super talented. She mostly does plays but she knows a lot of different actors. The Art and Culture was so good that it ran late.(It's the reason I'm writing so late) Anyways I can't wait for tomorrow because I am gong to start my design class.

Good Night I love you all and Happy Birthday Hunter,

<3 Hannah


1 comment: