Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 3 and Still Going Strong

Hey Everyone

I know I'm writing a little earlier than normal but classes finished and dinner is finished and there's nothing else to do so here I write. Classes are great! Today I had sculpture and figure drawing class. Sculpture was great we are doing pieces based of and certain sculpture's style, we are making them out of foam and can only use black and white coloring. I came up with several designs but apparently I am supposed to find some deeper meaning than " It looks cool" so I am kind of stuck on that.

Figure drawing was cool, we had a live model luckily he was not nude but speedos are still gross. The teacher is very old and very knowledgeable but not to good and telling what he wants. He's trying to get us to draw without using outlines and shading, just use random strokes to make a picture and that was great until my many lines started to make something resembling a picture and he made me start over, but hey you can't win everything.

Vivian and I then met up with Momo, Gabbi and Sharon to go to Art and Culture. We talked with this guy that is doing this " Trailer Trash project". Its about providing art and stuff to the less fortunate or something but I'm not really sure and I don't think he is either. I was with him until he started to talk about supporting Occupy Wallstreet. Then we had dinner and ... here I am. Everything's going great except I am super sore and my legs are about to give in. I went exploring a bit this morning and took some pictures of this door I found, the sculpture classroom and a couple of my dorm. I am going to try to send them to you.

Love you guys
<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment